MIDWEST INSTITUTE FOR CLINICAL RESEARCH® is a private research organization, established in the summer of 1988 to develop and implement clinical trials in the Indianapolis metropolitan area. With over twenty (20) years of experience and over 400 protocols, our research program is dedicated to provide the highest quality service to the pharmaceutical and medical device industry as well as to the volunteers who participate in these clinical trials. It is based upon the following features:
1. Experienced physicians who serve as the Principal Investigator and/or sub-investigator for all protocols. One of the physicians is in the office during all regular business hours to implement protocols and to ensure patient safety for all of the studies.
2. Experienced, full-time staff of study coordinators and coordinator associates.
3. Staff dietitians available for all types of dietary counseling required by the research protocols.
4. Staff patient recruiters dedicated exclusively to patient recruitment.
5. Spacious office conveniently located on North Meridian Street with easy access to all parts of Indianapolis and surrounding counties via Interstate 465.
6. Our research facility is fully equipped for conducting a variety of outpatient clinical trials protocols.
The concern for detail and quality has distinguished MICR® as a premier research organization typically exceeding all sponsor and FDA requirements.
MICR® is also sensitive and dedicated to the needs of the subjects who volunteer in the clinical studies. Every effort is made to provide the volunteer:
1. No cost for participating in any clinical trial. All costs related to each clinical trial are paid for by the sponsoring pharmaceutical or medical device company.
2. Adequate time to discuss the protocol and consent form directly with the Principal Investigator and/or sub-investigator (M.D) at the beginning of the study. In addition, the physicians are available throughout the study to see the subjects and to discuss any issue. A physician is available 24/7 if needed.
3. Flexible scheduling of visits.
4. Free parking for each visit.
5. Some financial compensation for time and travel.
In summary, MICR® is an established research company committed to clinical research in the Indianapolis area. It has the experience, resources, and sensitivity to the human volunteers which provides comprehensive service to the pharmaceutical and medical device industry.