Pharmaceutical & CRO Sponsors
Since 1988, MICR® has participated in nearly 500 clinical trials (Phase II-IV) evaluating investigational and marketed drugs in a variety of therapeutic areas. These have included:
a. ALL ANTIHYPERTENSIVE CLASSES
b. EFFICACY, QUALITY-OF-LIFE, ABPM
c. DIABETES (TYPE II)
a. NSAID-INDUCED GASTRITIS
b. HEARTBURN (RX-OTC)
c. TASTE TESTING
MICR® is dedicated to provide the highest quality service to the pharmaceutical and medical device industry as well as to the volunteers who participate in these clinical trials. It is based upon the following features:
1. Experienced physicians who serve as the Principal Investigator and/or sub-investigator for all protocols. One or more of the physicians are in the office during all regular business hours to implement protocols and to ensure patient safety for all of the studies.
2. Experienced, full-time staff of study coordinators and coordinator associates.
3. Staff dietitians available for all types of dietary counseling required by research protocols such as obesity, diabetes, and hypercholesterolemia.
4. Staff recruiters dedicated exclusively to patient recruitment.
5. Spacious office suite (10,215 square feet)
6. Our research facility is fully equipped for conducting a variety of outpatient clinical trials protocols including:
- Comfortable waiting room with patient "living room" for extended visits complete with TV, VCR, DVD, and mini-kitchen facilities.
- Eight exams rooms.
- Locked drug room for study medication.
- Conference room.
- DEXA (Hologic QDR 4500W) (Apex 2.3 software) (bone/body composition).
- Large lab area for preparation of specimens with two (2) table-top centrifuges, refrigerated centrifuge, specimen refrigerator, -80C freezer,-20C freezer, two (2) ECG machines.
- Defibrillator, portable oxygen tank, suction machine, and fully-stocked crash cart was well as CPR-trained staff.
- X-ray services located within a ten (10) minute drive, for X-ray, ultrasound, CT, MRI, PET scans.
7.Thorough understanding and experience in implementing clinical trials including such issues:
- Rapid processing of regulatory and clinical trials documents.
- Rapid and thorough evaluation of protocol and consent form with the ability to use a central IRB.
- Timely enrollment of volunteer subjects because of a research patient database (approximately 5000 patients) and an active recruitment program (e.g., TV, radio, newspapers, etc.).
- Customized source documents.
- Timely completion of case report forms whether paper or remote data entry via analog phone lines or web-based computer systems with a T1 broad band internet connection.
- Adequate space and facilities for Sponsor clinical research associates to thoroughly monitor the study.
- Handling of study-related queries in a timely fashion.
- This dedication to detail and quality has distinguished MICR® as a premier research organization typically exceeding sponsor and FDA requirements.